Niko is an engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to New Zealand’s electric power industry. We serve clients in the fields of power generation, transmission, and distribution, and we are proud to hold the role of “consultant of choice” with several of these organisations.
By joining Niko, you will be involved in designing and delivering complex and exciting projects throughout the power sector.
We are a medium sized company, which allows you to have a presence and be an active contributor to the organisation – you won’t get lost in the crowd!
The opportunity we offer:
We are looking for one or more talented engineers to join our team. The first role is a as a Senior Electrical Engineer, the second is as an Intermediate Electrical Engineer. These positions are within our Generation Team, which supports our clients both with existing generation plant and new grid connection projects.
The industry is presently experiencing significant growth due to the desire to decarbonise, plus the desire to maintain our existing assets across hydro, geothermal, thermal and wind. Niko Engineering Limited is a key part of this and is seeking to grow its capability to support clients.
Key aspects of both potential roles are:
- Developing detailed designs, technical specification and reports for electrical upgrade and new build projects,
- Preparation of proposals for design tenders,
- Communicating and coordinating project activities with others,
- Develop relationships with our clients,
- Manage allocated time for tasks,
- Understand and keep abreast of International Standards, New Zealand and Australian Standards, and legislative requirements,
- Carrying out quality assurance reviews of work by other Engineers.
- Both lead projects and contribute to projects led by other staff, depending on your capability.
What we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate is:
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards this goal.
- Tertiary qualified, ideally with a Bachelor of Engineering degree (Electrical) or equivalent, but not essential for those with significant industry experience.
- Has a passion for the electricity industry, enjoy solving complex problems, and demonstrate initiative and drive.
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- A great communicator, presenter, and has great computer skills.
- Eager to learn.
- 4 – 8 years’ experience as an electrical design engineer for the Intermediate role.
- 8 or more years’ experience as an electrical design engineer for the Senior role.
If you are interested in this role please submit your application via the listing on Seek: