We are seeking a talented engineer to join our team. This new position will support our clients with their control and secondary system engineering needs.
The electricity industry is presently experiencing significant growth. Niko Engineering Limited is a key part of this and is seeking to grow its capacity to support our clients.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Developing detailed designs, technical specification, and reports for client upgrades and/or new build projects,
- Preparation of proposals for design tenders,
- Communicating and coordinating project activities with others,
- Develop relationships with our clients,
- Manage allocated time for tasks,
- Understand and keep abreast of International Standards, New Zealand and Australian Standards, and legislative requirements.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior engineers.
What we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is:
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards this goal,
- Tertiary qualified, ideally with a Bachelor of Engineering degree (Electrical) or equivalent, but not essential for those with significant industry experience,
- Has a passion for the electricity industry, enjoy solving complex problems, and demonstrate initiative and drive,
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively,
- A great communicator, presenter, and has great computer skills,
- Eager to learn.
- 8 or more years’ experience as an electrical design engineer for the role.
Niko Engineering Limited offer
- A competitive salary and other financial benefits such as mobile phone accounts and free medical insurance,
- Wellness benefits such as free fruit, free flu vaccinations and sit/stand desks and a friendly and flexible working environment,
- Professional and technical learning and development opportunities, including support towards your professional goals from peers who have walked the path before,
- Effective coaching, which is critical to Niko’s objective of passing skills and knowledge from one generation to the next, thereby creating a sustainable Engineering Consultancy. You can expect an individual coaching plan that is supportive, encourages your strengths, assists your learnings, and paves a way for your professional growth,
- Opportunities to grow, learn and take on further responsibilities as you grow your skills and your understanding of the company.
Click here to see the full job description.
To apply for this role, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must also be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.