Full time position Graduate Engineer position in Christchurch.
Niko is an engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to New Zealand’s electric power industry. We serve clients in the fields of power generation, transmission, and distribution, and we are proud to hold the role of “consultant of choice” with several of these organisations.
By joining Niko, you will be involved in designing and delivering complex and exciting projects throughout the power sector.
We are a medium sized company, which allows you to have a presence and be an active contributor to the organisation – you won’t get lost in the crowd!
The opportunity we offer:
We are looking for a talented Graduate Engineer to join our Christchurch team.
As part of our graduate development program, you will work alongside some of New Zealand’s leading electrical engineers, who will freely share their knowledge with you. You will undertake a variety of work associated with the electrical engineering field with exposure to power systems, earthing systems, protection, and control systems.
As a graduate engineer, you will not be placed in one team or one sector – you will get the opportunity to see it all!
This position provides engineering support internally to our design teams, which includes the following:
- Develop specialist skills to service our HV Power industry clients.
- Site visits to review existing installations.
- Developing detailed designs.
- Writing reports and specifications.
- Developing relationships with clients.
- Communicating and coordinating project activities with others as needed.
- Keeping abreast of International Standards, New Zealand Standards, and legislative requirements.
- Effective coaching is critical to Niko’s objective of passing skills and knowledge from one generation to the next and thereby creating a sustainable Engineering Consultancy. You can expect an individual coaching plan that is supportive, encourages your strengths, assists your learning
If the above position is of interest to you, please email email@example.com for a copy of the Job Description, and details of how to apply.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and have excellent written and oral English language skills.