Because our team is at the core of everything we do, we respect, appreciate and value all our employees.
Flexible Working Hours
We understand that sometimes the 8am to 5pm day is not going to work for everyone. We need time and energy for important life aspects outside the workplace.
That’s why Niko fully supports a healthy work/life balance for all our employees.
Niko celebrates and awards long service. We recognise a job well done and celebrate our employee’s outstanding contributions.
Skin In The Game
Niko’s unique company structure gives qualifying employees the opportunity to own shares in the company, allowing them to have a say in how the company is managed and a share in the company’s success by way of dividend payments.
Learning never stops
We support our employees in expanding their knowledge and skills in various ways, including:
- Professional memberships: We support our staff staying in touch with their industry peers by way of attending training, seminars, and industry conferences.
- Internal Information Sharing sessions: Opportunity for employees to share knowledge, lessons, learned and innovative ideas.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Allows our developing engineers to be mentored by more experienced engineers.
The Niko team is proud of its unique and supportive work environment. Regularly, we gather and socialise, being happy to spend time together outside of work!
- All offices host Beer & Pizza evenings.
- A bi-annual Family Weekend brings everyone together for two nights to enjoy funded activities for all the family.
- Every year, staff compete during our annual fishing trip for the Richard Moore Memorial Fishing Cup.
- A wine tour or craft beer tour for staff and their partners is held biannually.
Niko employees receive highly attractive remuneration packages.
Niko provides free medical insurance to all full-time, permanent employees.
Niko is committed to creating a healthy workplace for all through a comprehensive range of wellness initiatives:
- Free annual flu vaccinations are available to all staff.
- The lunchroom fruit bowl is replenished every Tuesday to encourage healthy eating options.
- Sit/stand desks are provided for all staff.
- Option to join Niko funded “keep-fit” challenges.
- Showers and secure bike parking is available at all offices.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) will help with any work or life issues and improve your health, mental health, and general wellbeing. It is completely confidential and fully funded by Niko.
We help our people support charities that are important to them. In the latest years, we have contributed to help our team support:
- Assistance Dogs NZ Trust
- The Hearing House
- Salvation Army food banks.
All employees can take advantage of discounted travel insurance for personal travel (including their family) by using our corporate policy.
Transfer your mobile phone to Niko’s business account and usage costs are fully paid by Niko, or you can retain your own plan and receive a monthly contribution towards usage costs.