Niko has a team of experienced engineers who specialise in the Generation market. This team has specific knowledge and expertise including hydro, thermal, and geothermal generating sites.
Our specialist skills for Generation works include:
OUR LATEST PROJECTS
Geothermal Power Station upgrade, Key Engineering Support
We were engaged to provide a Control and Instrumentation Engineer to assist with a programme of changes at a large Geothermal Generating Station.
One of our Principal Engineers joined the project team to take ownership of all Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) activities, and to provide cross-functional support to the programme throughout the project lifetime.
Key roles included:
- Compiling and developing technical and contractual documentation.
- Provision of technical support to internal and external personnel throughout the detailed design.
- Technical reviews of internally and externally produced technical documentation.
- Tender Reviews in association with the wider project team.
- Participating in internal and external project meetings & workshops. These included project meetings, design reviews and HAZOP’s.
- Ensuring that Safety in Design processes are applied throughout the detailed design process and that project technical deliverables are supplied in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- Pricing of long lead and high expenditure client free issue items.
For further information contact Mark Mullins email@example.com
Geothermal Power Station Platform
The majority of our outdoor design draughting is carried out with 3D tools. This enables clear presentation of alignments and clearances, and this is especially useful with extensive structures such as those at Geothermal Generation Stations.
The space is shared between large pipework, support framing carrying heavy loads, and multiple electrical cable ladders – all of which must operate in a hostile chemical environment.
The 3D design output includes a walk-through for final assurance of the fit and practical layout of equipment.