Engineering Community Involvement
Niko maintains membership with several internationally recognised organisations, allowing our engineers to share ideas with, and maintain awareness of international and New Zealand industry trends.
Our memberships with peer organisations:
- Cigre Australia
With active participation in the B1 (Insulated Cables), B5 (Protection and Automation) and D2 (Information Systems and Telecommunications) panels of the Australian National Committee.
- Cigre New Zealand
With active participation in the B1 (Insulated Cables) New Zealand panel meetings.
- NZ Electrical Engineers’Association (EEA)
Our specialists have been awarded Best Presentation for papers presented to the annual conference on multiple occasions
- Engineering NZ
- Association of Consulting Engineers New Zealand (ACE NZ)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- NZ Geothermal Association
Niko is also proud to be a Power Engineering Excellence Trust (PEET) member and financial supporter:
- PEET is a not-for-profit organisation established in 2002 by industry and academia to ensure a pipeline of power engineering talent. Their members represent many sectors of the electricity industry, including generation, transmission, distribution, contracting, consulting, and manufacturing.
- PEET activities are supported through a collaborative partnership with the EPECentre, the student interface at the University of Canterbury (UC), through EPECentre’s area of operation Education & Outreach.