Full time 3D CAD Designer position in Christchurch.
Niko Engineering Limited is an engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to New Zealand’s electric power industry. We serve clients in the fields of power generation, transmission, and distribution, and we are proud to hold the role of “consultant of choice” with several of these organisations.
By joining Niko, you will be involved in designing and delivering complex and exciting projects throughout the power sector.
We are a medium sized company, which allows you to have a presence and be an active contributor to the organisation – you won’t get lost in the crowd!
The opportunity we offer:
We are looking for a talented 3D CAD Designer to join our team. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with experience in AutoCAD 3D as this a key focus area. Don’t be put off though if you are candidate with limited/other 3D modelling experience who can demonstrate an exceptional desire to learn and develop their capability in draughting, modelling and scripting.
The role sits within our Transmission Team, primarily supporting our Transpower substation and protection projects. However, there will be opportunities to support our Generation and Distribution Teams with the exciting work they deliver.
Our industry is presently experiencing significant growth due to the desire to decarbonise, plus the desire to maintain our existing transmission, generation, and distribution assets. Niko Engineering Limited is a key part of this and is seeking to grow its capability to support our key clients.
Key aspects of this role are:
- Generate 2D and 3D AutoCAD drawings that meet quality and content requirements.
- Develop 3D AutoCAD models and drawings using specialist electrical industry and standard CAD software.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of (and apply) client and industry draughting codes and standards, as well as applicable quality policies and procedures.
- Develop relationships with our clients.
- Delivering quality first time, every time.
What we are looking for:
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- A passion for the electricity industry, you will enjoy solving complex problems and demonstrating initiative.
- Attention to detail and a drive for technical excellence as Niko’s reputation relies on high quality design outputs.
- A desire to learn new skills in draughting automation, scripting and 3D modelling.
- Great basic skills with AutoCAD, likely backed up by a formal AutoCAD qualification.
- A formal electrical engineering qualification or strong experience in this area.
- The ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Great communication, presentation, and computer skills.
- An eagerness to learn new technical systems and excel in CAD software and scripting.
To apply for this role, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.