Don’t miss this opportunity to work in New Zealand’s leading specialist power systems engineering consultancy!
Niko is an engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to the electric power industry. Demand from our key clients for our power systems protection expertise in the transmission, distribution and generation sectors is high and as a result we are looking for Protection Engineers to join us.
For Senior or Intermediate roles, you will need a sound general knowledge of high voltage power systems and specific experience in most of the following:
- Tertiary qualified, ideally with a BE(Electrical) or equivalent, but not essential for those with significant industry experience.
- 10+ years (senior) or 5+ years (intermediate) in the power systems protection field
- Development of protection philosophies
- Investigation of power systems faults
- Power system computer modelling and fault studies (Ideally DigSilent)
- Detailed installation design of protection systems
- Protection relay setting calculations, reviews and co-ordination
- Configuration of numerical relays
- An understanding of standards and systems used by Transpower and/or the major New Zealand distribution and generation companies would be desirable
Niko offer an excellent work environment and a highly attractive remuneration package, including Health Insurance. Our exceptionally low staff turnover is a good indication of our commitment to work/life balance.
If the above position is of interest to you, please email email@example.com for a copy of the Job Description, and details of how to apply.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and have excellent written and oral English language skills.